Friday, November 10, 2006

“No soup for you!”…well thank God
Here at JUC we have two cooks. One serves lunch and the other dinner. Lunch is always…interesting. We all know what I mean by that. Each day before I waste my time climbing the stairs into the kitchen to get my food, I look into the dinning hall to see what’s to eat and to get peoples reaction to it. Today I continued that trend. The main course was pita, fried cauliflower, fried eggplant, and fried peppers. I passed. But, then I noticed that there was soup. So, I asked how it was and here are some of the replies/conversations I heard concerning it…
__________________
“I think it’s a little…grainy”
-Joel
“It tastes like a burrito.”
-Jesse
“I don’t think so.”
-Ben
“So what do you think it tastes like then?”
-me
“I…I don’t know”
-Ben
_________________
“How’s the soup?”
-me
“It’s…it’s interesting”
-Jess
“Look what happens when you let it settle and then pull up what's from the bottom…”
-Hannah
“…gaaag…”
-me
________________
“If you want to get the full experience, taste the stuff that settles on the bottom. I heard it was ground up chickpeas…but I think its cornmeal.”
-Emilee
“It tastes like the remnants of potato soup.”
-Jeremy (The Canadian)
________________
"It tastes like pureed beans."
-Benito
“It tastes like a combination of pea soup, oatmeal, and cinnamon.”
-Johnny
“When I leave my spoon in the soup for a little while and then try to pull it out…I can feel the resistance.”
-Li
________________

Taking all of this into consideration, I ended up having two apples and a PB and J sandwich…




No comments: