Thursday, November 02, 2006

Say Hello to My Little Friends (Part II)
Do you ever feel unappreciated, unwanted, or unloved? On occasion, I used to until I came to Israel. Here I know that every night there are oh so many little critters that rely on me for sustenance, warmth, and protection. I washed my sheets and changed mattresses, but the little guys just won’t go away. This morning I woke up with seven new insect bites that swell bigger and bigger as the day goes on. These bites are a constant reminder that I am loved by the insect community. So, every night as I enter into a state of slumber, I can fall asleep with the warming of my heart, knowing that I am treasured and needed. Then in the morning I can look for their mark of appreciation that only grows as the day continues…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are treasured because you are so sweet!! (and entertaining) -d