Thursday, November 30, 2006

Handcuffing the Arms of Father Time
The time is currently 1:39am and I just recently finished my last final paper. It was enjoyable to write, I learned some, and I think it turned out alright. What kicks me though is this: in less that 24hrs I will be on my way home. I vividly remember my first encounters here in Israel. I used to stop and be in wonder and amazement that I had shekels in my pocket. Now, I have the same feelings and thoughts as I consider the reality of how soon I have to leave.

I’m nervous, scared, and excited to come home. A lot of different feelings are being pumped through my veins.

Nervous because I am scared…

Scared because of what might or might not happen when I return…

And excited because soon the questions will be met with answers…

I’ve been in Israel for over three months now. I’ve seen, experienced, and learned quite a lot. New thoughts have been given to me as well as new confrontations. Victories have occurs as well as defeats.

What am I’m going to say to people?

How can I adequately relate what I have been through?

What are their reactions going to be?

What is my life going to look like in the not too distant future and is this going to bring me joy or sadness?

The answers to some of these questions are about to be discovered. For I have realized that they are only time, an ocean, and a conversation away…

No comments: